When it comes to using traditional tank-based water heaters, it may seem like there is never enough hot water, the water takes forever to heat up, and your utility bills are through the roof. Along with all these problems, the tank is bulky and takes up valuable space in your home. Hot water heaters can be a real hassle and one of the most frustrating plumbing appliances in your household. Luckily, there is a solution. Tankless water heaters, also known as on-demand water heaters, will solve all these water heating problems and more! Follow this link and click the Virtual Home Tour under the Buyer’s Guide tab to discover how a tankless water heater will improve your life.
Visit this page to find a more detailed description of how different styles of tankless water heaters work.
Advantages of Tankless Water Heaters
● Energy Efficient: On-demand water heaters use less water, natural gas, and electricity when compared to tank-based heaters. Installing an on-demand water heater is also beneficial for the environment.
● Low Costs: Despite their high initial cost, tankless water heaters will save you money in the long-run. First, they save water, natural gas, and electricity, which in turn will lower your monthly bills. On average, tankless heaters save users 10% on their bills per year.
● Endless Hot Water Supply: As long as you select the correct heater size, you and your family will never have to argue about who gets to shower, whether or not the laundry gets done, or when to run the dishwasher ever again.
● Save Space in Your Home: Most tankless water heaters are about the size of a carry-on suitcase. They can also be mounted in various places inside or even outside your home.
● Long Lifespan: Typical hot water tanks last 10 years on average. On-demand water heaters can last over 20 years. If repairs are needed, they are usually less costly than tank-based water heaters due to their easily replaceable parts.
● No Hard Water Scale Buildup: Older tankless heaters have the disadvantage of scale buildup. This buildup can reduce the efficiency of the heater by 10% in just 1.5 years. Regular maintenance is also needed to keep the heater running efficiently. In modern tankless water heaters, however, stainless steel and other technologies have eliminated hard water scale buildup and the maintenance costs that come with it. As an added bonus, no scale buildup also increases the lifespan of the heater by three times the original lifespan.
● Smart Options: Most models are smartphone compatible. This allows users to control the on-demand heater from their smartphone or device.
Would a Tankless Water Heater Fit Your Lifestyle?
● Fuel Type: Think about what fuel types are available to you. Tankless water heaters are typically powered by electricity, natural gas, or propane.
● Size: It is important to think about how much water your household uses and how many hot water devices will be used at once. If you purchase a heater that is too small, you will not get enough hot water, while one that is too big will waste your money.
● Energy Efficiency: It is also important to look into how energy efficient a water heater is. This depends both on the type of heater and the type of fuel you decide to use.
● Expense: Finally, total price should be considered. This would include the initial cost of the heater, installation, maintenance, and fuel.
Use this Water Heater Selection Tool to find the right water heating solution for your household. Before making a purchase, you should consult an experienced plumber to help you make the best decision.
Mann Plumbing Inc. would love to help you make this decision and install your water heater. We install water heaters from these trusted suppliers: Navien, Rinnai, and AO Smith.